Science and humor:
Creative Science for young associative
researchers with a strong imagination
A comic strip in ca. 132 pictures & 12 issues.
Nico van Rooijen
To appear as: http://nicovanrooijen.blogspot.nl
120. Finally your manuscript is ready. Submission was successful and the paper has been accepted within a few weeks.
121. All your friends will be happy with you.
122. You are in the seventh heaven and will see flowers only. In the summer>>
123. But even in the winter.
124. Your girlfriend seems enthusiastic too, but you might be afraid that she will bite you. Her mouth seems more dangerous than that of the many mice and rats you have seen during your research.
125. Choose your most festive clothes, if you are a man>>
126. But as a woman, you might make another choice.>>
127. Don't forget to put on appropriate shoes in that case.
128. Ask your girlfriend or - if you prefer that - the girlfriend of your best friend for a dance to celebrate your success!
129. If your parents have a lot of money, e.g. because they are employed in a financial sector, ask them to organize fireworks. But never forget that the satisfaction of your own work will probably exceed the satisfaction they did experience during their work. You did focus on creativity and originality in science. Creativity and originality in the financial sector may yield a lot of money, but can also bring people in prison.
130. Get rid of all remaining rubbish.>>
131. Throw all your paperwork out of the windows
132. At the end, the scientific community and all laboratory animals will be grateful for your important contribution to science and they will together offer you a souvenir reflecting national pride combined with a sense of perspective.
This presentation will hopefully stimulate your enthusiasm and help you to start up your own research project!
Nico van Rooijen, Haarlem, April 1, 2017